Thursday, January 5, 2017

Genesis 5:1

"This is the written account of Adam's line.  When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God."  Genesis 5:1

This verse is confirming Genesis 1:26 that man was created in the image of God.  Instead of "when God created" the Qbible has "in the day God created." It's like saying, "Remember that one day, when God created man?"  I think it's just a reminder for us that we are created to be like him.  I know I don't do a very good job a lot of the time, but maybe we are more capable of being like him then we give ourselves credit for.  Like God mankind is the one species on Earth that makes things.  All you have to do is look at all our technology and invention to see how creative men and women can be.  There are some pretty stunning examples all around us.  The desire to create something does seem to be a pretty driving motivator also.  There a definitely some days I just get the urge to make...something (usually something artsy like a painting or the like) but I don't always know what and it never turns out as good as it looks in my head.  Even so, there is a satisfaction felt once I have finished a painting or put together a bookshelf.  What other ways are we like God?

No comments:

Post a Comment