Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Genesis 6:8

"But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord."  Genesis 6:8

Despite all the corruption around him, Noah managed to live a life pleasing to God.  So even while he was sorry he had made man and planning to wipe them from the face of the earth, he looked at Noah and was pleased with what he saw.  How amazing to be be able to keep yourself pure and good while all around you is encouraging the opposite. 

Sometimes it may feel like that now in our world, that everything is encouraging just giving in to physical pleasures and selfish desires.  Why is purity so great any way?  And if God were to come now ready to destroy corrupt mankind, I can only pray that we would have mercy on me.  The purity I've kept hasn't always been for the right reasons.  I feel like I've been faking Christianity, hoping to just "fake it til you make it." 

God, please help me do more than just fake it, but to be someone worthy of your love and favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment