Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Genesis 6:13

"So God said to Noah, 'I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them.  I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.'"  Genesis 6:13

God is telling Noah his plans for mankind and the earth.  That had to make Noah's heart jump with fear.  "You're going to destroy us, God?  Not that we don't deserve it, but do you have to?"  That would be a terrifying moment to have the almighty creator of the universe tell you that. 

But even without him speaking directly into our ears we know that the world will end and even if that might be millennia away, we also know that death comes for everyone at any time.  So what do we do with that?  We don't know how long we have on this earth and we don't know how long our neighbors have on this earth.  If I die tomorrow what regrets will I leave behind?  If my friend dies tomorrow what regrets will I have for my relationship with them?

God, give me the strength, courage, and the right words to share what others around me need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment