Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Genesis 3:10

"He answered, 'I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.'"  Genesis 3:10

The Qbible includes one little phrase left out of the NIV.  It reads the man's answer as "I heard your call."  It's just like a child who knows they are doing (or did) something they shouldn't - they hear Mom or Dad calling them and try to hide the evidence.  In this case, their own changed perception was the evidence. 

It's still a common reaction.  We hear God calling us, and look around and see the mess we've made and vainly try to hide from God.  Most of the time we don't even realize that we're doing it.  It's instinctual. 

For the past few months, I've been trying to hide from God, and believe me, realizing isn't the hardest part.  The hardest part is getting out from under your rock and facing the Almighty, even knowing that he is loving and forgiving.  There's still a part of me that has trouble accepting that he'll even forgive the sins I'm having trouble letting go of.

I pray that he will give us each the strength to trust him and to let go of what's holding us back, so that we may hold on to him tightly with both hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment